Youth Olympic Trials Official Partners
It’s only a few weeks now until the start of the Asia/Oceania Youth Olympic Kiteboard Trials and the KTA would like to extend a big thank you to the key official partners in will be working with to bring the event to Thailand from the 13-18 March 2018.
The Sports Authority of Thailand, the IKA International Kiteboard Association and the Kiteboarding Association Thailand (KAT).
The Sport Authority of Thailand (SAT) is the government agency responsible for sport at all levels within the Ministry of Culture, Education and Sport. SAT provides support to all National Sport Federations and Provincial Associations to develop sport from the grass roots level through to high performance.
The IKA is responsible for the management of five classes of Kiteboarding which includes the following responsibilities:
- promotion of kiteboarding internationally;
- holding a World Championship for each of the classes of kiteboarding;
- managing a World Ranking System for each of the classes;
- developing the Class Rules and Championship Rules;
- developing Equipment registration regulations;
- representing the riders in all matters concerning the sport;
- advocating on behalf of the sport with World Sailing;
- the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
- the development of the sport around the world.
The Kiteboarding Association Thailand (KAT) was founded on the 1st February 2010 and has been recognised by the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand (YRAT) since 8th February 2016.
The KAT Objectives are:
- To promote, support, regulate, and develop kiteboarding/kitesurfing sport domestically and internationally.
- To encourage, patron, and organize domestic competitions with high standards in accordance to rules and regulations set forth by International Kitesurfing Association and International Sailing Organization.
- To educate and improve all stakeholders of Thailand’s kitesurfing industries to par with international standard and competency.
- To support and encourage group of local kitesurfers to establish clubs in their area.
- To support and help members in various ways according to rules and regulations set by the association.
- To be just and impartial with political activities by not financially supporting or being associated with one or another political party and its affiliate.
KAT 2018 Competition Plan:
10-11 March Thailand Championships round 1 Pranburi Prachubkirikarn Class : Formula kite, TT R, Freestyle
13-18 March Iconic Kiteboarding Youth Olympic Qualifiers Pranburi, Prachubkirikarn Class : TTR
21-22 April Thailand Championships round 2 Cha-am Phetchaburi Class : Formula kite , TTR, Freestyle
26-27 May Thailand Championship round 3 Pattaya, Chonburi Class : Formula kite
21-22 August Thailand Championship round 4 Ban Pae, Rayong Class : TTR, Airtime
12-14 October Thailand Championship round 5 Koh Phangan, Suratthani Class : TTR, Freestyle
15-16 December Thailand Championship round 6 Pattaya, Chonburi Class : Formula kite, TTR